We take great pride in the fact that the “Blue Flags” are flying in Rhodes.
The world-renowned eco-label trusted by millions of People globally.
A non-profit organization “Foundation for Environmental Education’ based in Copenhagen. The Blue Flag is an international symbol recognized for environmental quality, rewards to the beaches and marinas for the strong commitment to protect the environment and offer the visitor’s the highest quality on the beaches and the marinas.
Since 1987 the foundation has awarded beaches and marinas that meet stringent requirements. The criteria of the international project are summarized in the following categories:
• Purity and sea coast (quality of bathing waters, non-rejection in industrial and municipal wastewater, sufficient waste bins, continuous periodic cleaning of the beach).
• Organization of the Coast (continuous public information on bathing water quality, action plans to address any marine pollution incident, prohibition of movement of vehicles and motorbikes on the coast, prohibition of camping and adequate sanitary facilities with controlled sewerage systems).
• Safety of visitors (trained lifeguards on duty, offering services for people with disabilities).
• Protection of nature and environmental awareness (information and instructions printed on the coast of behavior and areas with sensitive natural environment, referring to organizing activities by the manager of the coast).
• Most beaches on the island according to the Ministry of Environment, energy and climate change (Special Secretariat for water) have excellent water quality.
A total of 519 beaches and 15 marinas were awarded with the ‘Blue Flags’ in Greece for 2018 in comparison to last year with a total of 430 beaches and 9 marinas.
The ‘Blue Flags’ awarded to 35 beaches in Rhodes will be billowing this year in the following locations and hotels:
• Ammoudi Faliraki / Alila Resort
• Ammoudes-Faliraki / Elycium Reosrt
• Ammoudi-Faliraki / Rodos Palladium
• Eastern Aquarium
• Afandou 2 / Irene Palace & Port Royal
• Rhodes Princess Beach/ Lindos Mare & Lindos Blu
• Galouni Kokkinogia / Mitsis Rodos Village
• Galouni Kokkinogia / Princess Adriana Resort
• Kavourakia / Aldemar Amilia Mare & Paradise Village
• Kiotari 3 / Rodos Princess Beach
• Aegean Sea / Atlantica Imperial
• Kolymbia / Mythos Beach
• Kolymbia / Little Town
• Lardos 1 / Lindos Princess Beach
• Lardos 3 / Lindian Village
• Liatia / Atrium Prestige
• My Pefkos
• Grand Yalos
• Rene 1 / Sunwing Kallithea Beach
• Atrium Palace
• Thracian Thracian B / Sun Beach Resort
• Thirteen / Electra Palace Resort
• Faliraki 1 / Esperides
• Faliraki 2 / Amada Colossos
• Faliraki 3 / Esperos Palace
• Faliraki 4 / Calypso
• Faliraki 5 / Blue Sea
• Faliraki 5 / Epsilon
• Faliraki A
• Faliraki-Kastraki / Grecotel Rhodos Royal
With the help of us ALL don’t forget to keep our water & beaches clean!